A Podcast Interview with River Consulting President Greg DiFrank
Cultivating organic growth since the recession has been a challenge for most A/E firms. Firms of all sizes have simply found organic growth tough going for the past 3-4 years. While many firms have pursued growth through acquisition, building a more repeatable model for year-over-year growth has been challenging.
Like most A/E firms, River Consulting saw revenue peak in 2008, then decline in both 2009 and 2010. But, since that time, the firm has been growing. In fact, in 2012 revenue grew over 25% from the prior year to $26M– and it was all organic growth, both domestic and international.
What’s Covered in the Podcast
In this leadership podcast, I talk with firm President, Greg DiFrank about some of the critical business decisions the firm made 4 years ago to unlock that growth today. Specifically, we discuss:
- How the firm narrowed its focus to deepen expertise and generate top-line revenue growth
- How it re-aligned business development personnel to deepen knowledge and improve performance
- Keys to successfully pursuing business internationally
- Where pockets of growth lie within the domestic market within the next few years
- The most pressing challenges facing middle market engineering firms in the next 24 months