A Podcast Interview with Consulting Marketer Ian Brodie
One of the things we’ve been talking about internally is how to improve our clients’ email marketing efforts. For many of our clients we produce traditional email newsletters — fully designed HTML emails that link out to a handful of useful educational articles. In large organizations this is largely the norm.
But, in smaller businesses we’ve seen a move towards more frequent, more conversational email. Content that is less one-directional, is often included entirely within the body of the email, and is more about creating a dialogue between the sender and the recipient.
Getting More From Email Marketing
So, in this podcast, I decided to reach out to an expert — Ian Brodie. I’ve been a subscriber to Ian’s emails for 5-6 months. I’ve enjoyed a lot of his content and found his style both interesting and entertaining. Currently, he’s on a very public quest to grow his email subscribers from 2,500 to 10,000 in just 12 months.
Originally recorded 5/29/13, this podcast is roughly 45 minutes long — in it, Ian and I discuss:
- How long should your emails be?
- How much of your valuable content should you share within the body of the email?
- How much should you hold back on your blog or website to generate click throughs?
- A few really smart ways to increase your number of email subscribers that you probably haven’t thought of.
- How to address your ideal clients’ “feel factors” within your email content.
- How to move your email from a broadcast, to a dialogue to a meeting.
I hope you enjoy listening to the discussion as much as I enjoyed having it with Ian. To be notified of future podcast interviews, please sign up for our email list.
A Little Background on Ian
Ian is an independent consultant headquartered in the U.K. who works with consultants and coaches to help them attract and win more clients.
He generates over 70% of his business online and relies heavily on email marketing to engage, build rapport, and initiate dialogue with his ideal clients.
You can grab a free copy of his 5 Simple Marketing Tweaks That Will Get You More Clients or sign up for his free Email Marketing Power Tips here.