We’re sitting at the precipice of the most interesting period of professional services marketing ever:
Presenter: Jason Mlicki
- Boomers are retiring — The demographic shift we’ve heard so much about, brought on by retiring baby boomers is in its early stages. Over 60% of the oldest quintile of boomers (people born between 1946 – 1950 and now aged 65 to 69) have now retired. Despite predictions that boomers will work longer than previous generations, preliminary data says otherwise. Roughly 50% of the boomer generation will be retired in the next 5 years.
- Gen X’ers decide differently — Gen X (folks born between 1965 – 1984; now aged 32 to 50) make up the majority of the workforce and are increasingly today’s leaders and decision-makers. How they seek and select firms looks a little different. Whereas boomers relied heavily on tradeshows and referrals to make B2B purchasing decisions, many gen X’ers lean more on the web, articles, blogs and papers.
- Knowledge is more important than ever — After referrals, thought leadership in all its forms (online and off, on your site and elsewhere) has risen to the top of what’s important to clients in selecting a firm. The resulting content explosion has turned the web from another medium into THE medium for clients seeking answers to questions that are trapped inside the heads of your people.
- Technology everywhere — Over $21B of venture capital has poured into investments in marketing technologies: creating all new ways to market a firm online, to “hack” traditional selling models, and to generate data to improve everything that you do.
With a healthy economy, now is a great time to iterate your approach. This is not a planning webinar. Rather, it maps out the macro changes impacting marketing in a professional services firm and provides guidance of what you can be doing now to avoid being left behind 5 years from now. Specifically, it covers:
- Demographics — Employment trends and what they potentially mean to how clients seek and select firms.
- Capabilities — How to assess your firm’s marketing capabilities relative to the 4 critical capabilities you’ll need between 2016 – 2020.
- Resources — How to re-allocate some of your existing marketing budget and approach leadership to fill your capabilities gaps.
Presenter: Jason Mlicki
Date Recorded: 11/18/2015
Length: 46 minutes
Complete the form below to download the presentation slides and access the webinar recording.
Join the 213 marketers who’ve downloaded this webinar